Are You Struggling To Deal With House Spiders In Elizabeth City?
February 01, 2023
If you have noticed spiders crawling in your house, it is essential to consider that you might be harboring an infestation. If you are like most people who do not keep spiders as pets, and you view common house spiders as a threat to the peace in your home, you need professional pest control in Elizabeth City from Albemarle Termite & Pest Control. Today, we will discuss the types of spiders found in homes, what attracts them to residential properties, and the best ways to get rid of spiders. Let's begin.
Types Of Spiders You May Find In Your Home
There are several types of spiders that can get in your home; here are some of the most common ones:
- American house spider: It is usually gray with white markings on the body. You will find their dirty cobwebs in the corners of your house.
- Wolf spiders: This hairy spider can be gray, black, or brown. They also look like tarantulas.
- Black widow: An apex venomous spider with a shiny black color and a red hourglass-shaped marking on its abdomen.
- Brown recluse: This is a brown spider with a violin-shaped marking that runs from the head down its back.
- Daddy longlegs: This type of spider has a compact round body part with long, thin legs. You will find them mostly in trees or on the lawn.
If you fear any spider, even if it's not one of the creepiest spiders you have ever seen, you need to prevent your home from attracting these pests by hiring a professional crew.
Why You Don't Want Spiders Hanging Around Your Home
Most of the common spiders you will find in your house are non-poisonous spiders. But some of the most dangerous ones you need to look out for include the brown recluse and the black widow spiders. While most spiders, even the venomous ones, use their poison for hunting, they rarely attack humans unless you provoke them. In addition, the continuous presence of spiders in your house means that their food, including other insects, is present in your house. So, you may end up having infestations of different pests.
Factors That Attract Spiders To Your Home
Here are key factors that will make spiders crawl into your house:
- Insects: Spiders are natural pest controllers that feed on insects like crickets, flies, mosquitoes, cockroaches, or earwigs that are found in homes.
- Warmth: Spiders hide in houses to escape the cold months.
- Water: Some spiders rarely take water. But if the ones in your house do, you will find them drinking from sink taps and other sources.
- Mating drums: Spiders will attract their partners who might come into your house as an answer to the mating call.
- Domestic waste: Household rubbish is a major attraction to spiders. Leaving the bins unattended will lead them to your home.
Your home has numerous factors that can attract spiders, so you need a professional crew to help prevent your home from becoming overrun by spiders.
The Safe And Effective Way To Get Rid Of Spiders
If you are looking for a more effective way of dealing with spiders that show up at your house, consider a professional home pest control team that has experience clearing infestations safely and efficiently. Professional exterminators understand the nature of spiders. They will inspect your house and provide a treatment plan to remove the pests much faster than any DIY method you have been considering applying.
Common house spiders are harmless pests, except when you have the brown recluse or the black widow spider in your Elizabeth City house. Although spiders can come into your house because of other pests hiding in your property, preventing them from entering your house on your own might be hard. Albemarle Termite & Pest Control offers comprehensive spider treatment plans you can depend on to keep these pests away; call us today, and let's help you out.