Everything You Need To Know To Keep Spiders Out Of Your Norfolk Home
August 28, 2020
Crawling, jumping, and skittering out of sight, these unsettling pests may be hiding in the darkened eaves of your Norfolk home. The types of spiders found around Norfolk range in size, shape, and ferocity. Several of the most common species include:
Thankfully, most of the above species are relatively harmless and are simply considered nuisance pests by entomologists. Some, however, produce a deadly venom capable of killing a human in mere days. While these species are much rarer, they are still a constant threat to families who enjoy the outdoors. Many Virginian spider species are shy of human contact, and will often avoid being seen if possible. However, none of these arachnids could be considered a welcome sight in your average Norfolk home.
Preventing Norfolk Spiders From Entering The Home
Spiders are bound to get into the home one way or another. However, putting some of the below prevention methods in place may significantly cut down their numbers.
- A good place to start with Norfolk spider prevention is by preventing other pests from infesting the home. Keep an eye out for flies, beetles, or other pest activity in the home. If prey insects are spotted, immediately schedule a free home inspection through Albemarle Termite & Pest Control right away.
- Proper food and trash storage is another important spider prevention strategy. Remove filled bags of garbage from the home at least once a week, and seal outdoor trash in a large, wildlife proof bin.
- Clearing clutter may not remove established infestations, but they may abate new ones from happening. Move boxes, objects, and other items from the floor and neatly organize them in a single room or storage space.
- Sweep away webs both inside and outside the home using an outdoor broom.
- Addressing home moisture levels is good for both spider and general pest prevention. Remove humidity using a dehumidifier or a desiccant bag, and repair leaking pipes and clogged drains to eliminate standing water sources.
- Identify and seal up potential entry points that could allow both spiders and their pest prey to wander indoors. This can be done by checking window screens and door sweeps, and by checking for cracks around the structure’s base.
Concerned that these measures alone will not be enough to eliminate your household spider threat? Contact the professionals at Albemarle Termite & Pest Control at the first sign of trouble.
Spider Vice? Get Advice - From Albemarle Termite & Pest Control
Spiders may seem like a far-off danger to some Norfolk homeowners, but the sad truth is that these flesh-eating pests may be much closer than you think. Spending years locked away in walls, floors, and crawlspaces, all it takes is a single pair of arachnids to overtake, overrun, and overcome any home DIY prevention that has been put in place.
To successfully keep spiders out of the house, and to install a suitable spider prevention program around your lawn, professional pest control services will be needed. Contact the arachnid experts at Albemarle Termite & Pest Control for more advice or assistance related to the control of spiders and beyond.
By combining our over 100 years of pest control service with outstanding field technicians and innovative treatments, Albemarle Termite & Pest Control is proud to be one of Norfolk’s leaders in the spider inspection, monitorization, and elimination business. We’re always happy to serve your needs, whether in-person or online through our convenient contact form. When you’re ready to get to the bottom of your terrorizing arachnid threats, don’t hesitate to call your local branch of Albemarle Termite & Pest Control right away.