How To Tell If Your Elizabeth City Property Has A Termite Problem
December 21, 2020
Elizabeth City homeowners have plenty to say about these wood-eating pests, but most of it is unfit to repeat! Termites are the most well-known wood-eating pest in the United States. They cause over five billion dollars’ worth of property damage every year, which puts them on the hit list of Elizabeth City homeowners. Termites are best identified by their large heads, cream or yellow colored bodies, and large mandibles.
Concerned that some of these tiny terrors have been cannibalizing your home? Your home may already be facing a termite infestation of the worst degree if you are experiencing:
- Tight-fitting doors and windows.
- Soft-clicking noises emanating from the walls.
- Frass piles (drywood droppings that look like sawdust) building up around the floor.
- Strange water damage lines appearing around ceilings.
Termite Prevention Tips For Homes In Elizabeth City
If your home shows no sign of termite activity, feeding, or infestation, you’re in luck! You will not need to invest in any elimination services. This good news does not exempt you from prevention, however. Below are some helpful tips that prime homeowners for termite protection all year long:
- Do what you can to eliminate moisture from humid areas of the home. Dehumidifiers and desiccant bags should be placed in areas such as basements, closets, bathrooms, and kitchens.
- Remove mulching from your outdoor landscaping. Although attractive, the deadwood may draw termites closer and closer to your home. A better option would be to use river stone or pea gravel, which is available in many landscaping stores.
- Professional termite protection is by far the best method of preventing infestations around your Elizabeth City property. Not only is this service active year-round, but it often uncovers termite activity long before colonies are established.
If you're not sure whether or not termites have an active presence on your property, it will always be in your best interest to get an inspection right away. As the saying goes, it’s better to be safe than sorry! Get the help of trained, professional agents today when you call the termite inspectors at Albemarle Termite & Pest Control.
Don’t Waste Time, Get Termite Extermination Primed With Albemarle Termite & Pest Control
Despite what the internet may tell you, there is no good way to eliminate a termite infestation on your own once it is established. DIY tips and certain household remedies may help to keep the insects at bay, but they will never remove a complete colony from the premises. It doesn't take long for termites to build a nest, and should one be brewing near your home, time will be of the essence.
If you do notice signs of termite activity on or around your property, it will be important not to waste any time, money, or stress on combating the pests in all the wrong ways. Instead, call the pros right away at Albemarle Termite & Pest Control. Our vetted professional agents have over 100 years of combined experience removing pests from Elizabeth City homes. From the biggest termite infestations to the smallest one-time services, our team knows what it takes to keep your home safe and pest-free all year long.
For more information regarding professional termite inspection, treatment, and elimination services, don’t hesitate to call Albemarle Termite & Pest Control right away. We are ready to take your questions over the phone, online, or in-person at one of our world-class property inspections. Don’t let yourself be bullied by termite activity and "analysis paralysis." Get the help, hope, and healing you deserve with Albemarle Termite & Pest today!