Natural Mouse Control Techniques For Elizabeth City Homes
Is there anything more disturbing than mice crawling through a home while people are sleeping? These pests are common here in Elizabeth City and often go unnoticed by homeowners. This is because of their quiet and cautious nature. To help you avoid and control wild mice in and around your Elizabeth City home, here are some things to consider today. Contact Albemarle Termite & Pest Control if you are at your witt's end trying to handle these furry pests. We will utilize advanced pest control in Elizabeth City to remove mice from your home and property.
How To Tell If It's House Mice Around Your Home
Seeing a mouse inside your home is a quick way to know there is a problem. These pests are not, however, going to run out in front of you without a good reason. Wild mice are naturally timid and typically hide and sleep during the day. It is only late at night when they emerge to search for things to eat and drink. Keeping this in mind, it is important that you know these signs of mice to identify these pests with.
- Mouse droppings in the back of pantries, cupboards, and cabinets
- Stains or pillars of urine
- Holes chewed through boxes, gnaw marks on furniture legs, and other similar damage
- Torn-up fabrics, paper, and insulation
- Odd noises at all hours of the night
For assistance identifying mice inside your Elizabeth City home, bring in our team at Albemarle Termite & Pest Control for a quick inspection.
The Hazards Of A Mouse Infestation In Your Home
You do not want to live with mice. This is not just because these pests are inconsiderate and creepy but also because of the many illnesses they spread to humans. Mice are nasty little creatures that carry disease-causing organisms inside and on their bodies. Some common sicknesses you might get from an active mouse infestation include salmonellosis, hantavirus, and Lyme disease. Lyme disease, in particular, is spread by the ticks mice carry indoors. These furry pests also carry fleas which can be harmful to humans, dogs, and cats.
Natural Ways To Keep Mice Away From Your Home
We are going to assume that you do not want to live with mice. If you are not currently experiencing an active infestation inside your Elizabeth City home, now is the time to take action to keep these pests out. Here are six amazing DIY prevention tips to start with.
- Fill in holes, gaps, and cracks in your home’s exterior foundation using some silicone caulk.
- Make sure all of your exterior windows and doors are in good working order.
- Address damage to piping, gutters, and fixtures inside and around your home.
- Keep your living areas tidy and do your best to keep up with food and drink messes as they happen.
- Clean your trash cans when they get dirty and make sure they have rodent-proof lids.
- Store all food inside air-tight containers.
For more help keeping mice out of your home or to deal with an active infestation, get our team at Albemarle Termite & Pest Control involved.
The Safe And Effective Way To Remove Mice On Your Property
The absolute best way to control mice and other invasive rodents in Elizabeth City is to hire our team of professionals. We are passionate about providing members of our community with top-tier pest control options to combat invasive creatures like mice.
Contact us now to find out what home mouse control would look like for your Elizabeth City home or if you have any unanswered questions about these invasive rodents.