What To Do About House Spiders Inside Your Elizabeth City Home
November 01, 2022
Spiders are one of the most common types of pests all over the country, and they are one of the main reasons residents seek professional pest control in Elizabeth City. Regardless of what type of spider infestation you are dealing with, no one wants to try to handle the situation on their own. That’s why Albemarle Termite & Pest Control has a team of experts ready to take on these pests for you. Read on to learn more about Elizabeth City’s spider problems, and how we can help your home be spider-free today.
What Do Spiders In Elizabeth City Look Like?
While there are many common house spiders likely to invade your home, there are also some other types of spiders that you’ll want to look out for:
- Brown recluse spiders: Known for their violin-shaped bodies, the brown recluse is brown in color, and it can range from cream to dark brown in color. Unlike some other spiders, those are the only colors for this particular type of spider.
- Black widow spider: These notoriously dangerous spiders have black, shiny, bulbous bodies, with an infamous red hourglass symbol on the abdomens of females.
- Carolina wolf spider: These spiders are quite large, with long legs and a mottled brown body with a dark underside.
No matter what type of spider infestation you might be dealing with, you shouldn’t have to face them alone. At the first sign of any of these pests, give the team at Albemarle Termite & Pest Control a call for backup.
The Dangers Of Having Spiders Inside Your Home
Many North Carolina spiders are dangerous to people and their pets. However, even the common types of house spiders are capable of administering painful bites. While it might be tempting to ignore a few spider webs in the corners of your garage or basement, it’s important to seek professional help as soon as possible. Bites from brown recluse and black widow spiders can result in incredibly painful bite sites, and can even progress to anaphylactic shock in some cases. Don’t risk an avoidable crisis; call the pros at Albemarle Termite & Pest Control for expert spider removal today.
Easy & Effective Spider Prevention Tips For Elizabeth City Homes
If you want to get rid of spiders, then you need to make your home less appealing to them. Below are some easy prevention tips everyone can implement today to reduce the number of spiders in your home:
- Deal with other pests first: Often, when spiders move in, it is because you already are dealing with an existing insect infestation. These insects are a free meal to spiders. To deter spiders, take away their food source first.
- Fix leaky pipes and spigots: Water, humidity, and moisture are appealing to all different types of spiders. Make sure any leaks have been repaired in your pipes and faucets to avoid water and moisture buildup in your home and yard.
- Clean up clutter: Our basements and attics tend to collect a lot of our material items, and get cluttered easily. The mess provides spiders with a safe place to nest. By clearing this out, they won’t find it an appealing place to build webs in.
- Seal up holes and cracks: One way spiders find ways into your home is through the cracks and crevices in your home's exterior. Go around, locate these, and seal them up to prevent them from coming inside at all.
If you still aren’t sure how the spiders are getting in, the spider control team at Albemarle Termite & Pest Control can pinpoint the exact conducive conditions allowing for your infestation to take place. Reach out for a trained eye today.
Professional House Spider Control
Here at Albemarle Termite & Pest Control, we have over three generations of experience providing the highest-quality home pest control to Elizabeth City residents. We pride ourselves on providing superior services that are safe and effective. Our technicians receive continuous training to safely remove whatever type of spider has invaded your home, without anyone being bitten. Don’t risk getting hurt; give us a call for help removing your spiders today!