How To Deter The Smoky Brown Cockroaches In Elizabeth City
In the state of North Carolina, there's one particular cockroach that tends to cause a bit more panic than the average roach - the Smoky Brown Cockroach. These pests are challenging to get rid of and can also spread some serious diseases in your home. If you see smoky brown cockroaches in your Elizabeth City home, it's best to call a licensed Elizabeth City pest control agent for assistance right away.
What Do Smoky Brown Cockroaches In Elizabeth City Look Like?
As their name suggests, smoky brown cockroaches have distinctive coloring on their dark brown bodies. They're a larger roach species, typically growing to be around 3/4 of an inch long. If you spot a roach in your home that's this size or larger, there's a good chance it's a smoky brown cockroach.
Smoky brown cockroaches are strong flyers and can cover a lot of ground searching for food and shelter. They're attracted to lights, so they'll often fly towards homes that have outdoor lighting. Once they find an opening into your home, they'll not hesitate to make themselves comfortable.
Signs of a smoky brown cockroach infestation include:
- Cockroach eggs in your home
- Cockroach droppings in your cupboards or on your countertops
- Roaches crawling around your house, especially at night
- A musty smell in your home that gets stronger over time
- Damaged materials or food in your home as a result of cockroach activity
If you find a cockroach in your house but aren't sure it's a smoky brown, seek the help of a professional to identify it. They'll be able to tell you for sure and help you take the necessary steps to keep cockroaches out of your Elizabeth City home for good.
Why Are Smoky Brown Cockroaches Dangerous?
Smoky brown cockroaches are a serious health hazard. They can spread diseases like:
- Salmonella: This is a bacterial infection that can cause diarrhea, vomiting, and fever. It's often spread through contaminated food or water.
- E. coli: This is another type of bacterial infection that can cause severe stomach cramps, diarrhea, and vomiting. It's often spread through contact with infected animals or contaminated food or water.
- Staphylococcus: This type of staph infection can cause skin infections, pneumonia, and food poisoning.
- Typhoid disease: This is a severe and life-threatening illness caused by the Salmonella typhi bacteria. It can cause fever, diarrhea, and stomach pain.
These diseases can be serious if not treated properly, so it's essential to take quick action if you notice any signs of a cockroach infestation. The sooner you address the problem, the sooner you can protect your family from these dangerous pests.
Why Is It So Hard To Get Rid Of Smoky Brown Roaches In Homes?
Smoky brown cockroaches are notoriously tricky to eliminate for a few different reasons, such as:
- They're hardy pests that can survive for extended periods without food or water
- These roaches reproduce quickly, so a small infestation can quickly become a significant problem
- Their nests can be difficult to find and destroy
The best way to kill cockroaches is to contact a licensed pest control firm. They have the experience and expertise needed to get rid of these pests for good.
If you find smoky brown cockroaches in your home, don't wait - call a professional Elizabeth City pest control agent today. We can terminate these pests and help you take steps to prevent them from returning in the future.
The Secret To Effective Cockroach Control In Elizabeth City
Unfortunately, smoky brown cockroaches are not easy to eliminate. They're resistant to many everyday cockroach control products, so you'll likely need a professional's help to get rid of them for good.
At Albemarle Termite & Pest Control, we have the tools and experience needed to promptly and decisively remove smoky brown cockroaches and keep them from coming back. Our team of experts will work diligently to ensure your home is cockroach-free.
Call us today for a free estimate on cockroach control in Elizabeth City.