The Struggle With Silverfish Control In Virginia
February 10, 2023
Have you been witnessing signs of pest damage around your Virginia home? Moreover, have you seen odd-looking silvery insects crawling inside your home at night? What are these insects? And how did they get in? If you find more of these insects in your home, you might be dealing with a silverfish infestation. If you also want to inquire about professional silverfish pest control in Virginia, contact Albemarle Termite & Pest Control today.
Signs Of Silverfish In Your House
Do you think you have silverfish in your house? Below are signs you should look for:
- Seeing live silverfish: The silverfish insect is a small, slippery, and flexible creature with a blue-silver or brown-gray coating. These insects have a teardrop shape and move by wiggling, just like a fish.
- Droppings: Silverfish excrete small, black peppercorns that are often on site where they frequent, like in cupboard spaces or at the backs of furniture.
- Yellow stains: You may see actual skin molts or the yellow dust they leave behind while molting. You can find these yellow stains in clothing, books, cardboard boxes, or papers.
- Damage to belongings: Silverfish feed on starchy food like wallpaper, clothing, linens, and cardboard. If you find chewed holes on these items, it's a sign that you have a silverfish invasion.
If you spot these signs but are clueless about the extent of the infestation, hire silverfish pest control experts from Albemarle Termite & Pest Control.
What Can Attract Silverfish To My Home?
What attracts the silverfish pest to your home? Well, several factors draw them to your property. Firstly, since humans store starchy foods that silverfish also consume, such as fibers, fabrics, sugars, and dried foods, it is easy for them to nest in your home. Secondly, they might move in if you have moist places in the basement or the yard. Unfortunately, these places act as their breeding and hiding places. So, if you have damp areas around your house and require professional help inspecting your property and getting rid of silverfish, hire a home pest control specialist from Albemarle Termite & Pest Control.
Four No-Sweat Prevention Tips To Keep Silverfish Out Of Your Home
Looking for easy ways to prevent silverfish from nesting on your property? Below are some tips to follow:
- Regularly dust your home to remove any starch particles from the ground that may entice the silverfish.
- Clear out items with adhesive, including cardboard boxes, stacks of paper, laundry, and other things that can attract silverfish.
- After meals, clean up using a vacuum that can also suck up silverfish eggs before they multiply.
- Ventilate your rooms to reduce the chances of having warm and moist spots in your bathroom or kitchen. Open doors and windows and use fans to clear the air of moisture in your house.
The best way to keep pests from your property is to contract experts who can help you maintain a pest-free home. Contact Albemarle Termite & Pest Control today for more details.
How Can I Stop Silverfish From Getting Into My Home?
Working with professional exterminators is the best way to stop a silverfish infestation from happening. Pest control specialists are familiar with all types of infestations and can handle any issues in the most effective way possible. When looking for the right team, hire pros with years of experience and the technical knowledge to handle the pest you are dealing with in your home.
Silverfish is a small blue-silver to brown-gray-looking insect that wiggles as it moves. If you notice yellow stains on clothing and black peppercorn-looking droppings in cupboard spaces, you might be looking at a silverfish infestation in your Virginia home. To remove these pests from your property and prevent them from returning, enlist a professional from Albemarle Termite & Pest Control to inspect your property and provide a solution ideal for your unique setting.