Effective Pest Management Services For Virginia Beach, VA Properties
One of the main attractions and reasons people relocate to Virginia Beach, VA, is the proximity to the beautiful blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean. Many of the properties in Virginia Beach sit at or below sea level, making them prone to flooding and high humidity. These increased moisture levels provide extremely conducive conditions for pest infestation, a serious annoyance that no homeowner or business owner wants to deal with. Some of the most common pests in Virginia Beach include cockroaches, ants, termites, bed bugs, rodents, wildlife, mosquitoes, fleas & ticks, and many others. But no matter the nature of the infestation, the professionals at Albemarle can help.
As the area’s #1 residential and commercial termite, pest, and moisture-control company, Albemarle Termite & Pest Solutions is highly experienced in the identification, removal, and prevention of all kinds of pests in Virginia Beach. Our family-owned and operated business has been servicing the community of Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and the surrounding Southeastern Virginia areas for over 100 years. Our quality pest control services have been developed and perfected over the course of three generations. Call us today for a complimentary home inspection. We offer easy and convenient service times to fit your schedule and guarantee re-service, if needed, between quarterly visits at no extra charge.
Home Pest Control In Virginia Beach, VA
If your home or rental property becomes infested with pests, it is extremely difficult and unlikely that you will be able to get rid of them on your own. We provide a full range of residential pest control services to help rid, treat, and protect your property from these relentless intruders once and for all.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Termite Control (Bait & Liquid Methods)
- Moisture Control
- Insulation Removal and Installation
- Foundation Vents
- Dehumidification Systems
- Crawl Space and Attic Clean Out & Exclusion Services
- Foundation Access Doors (New Installation & Replacement)
- Moisture Barrier Removal & Replacement
- Wood-Destroying Insect Reports - NC-WDIR
- New Construction Pre-Treatment
Commercial Pest Control In Virginia Beach, VA
No matter what type of business you’re in, pest infestation is one of the most destructive aggravations you can deal with. Not only can they destroy your reputation and your property, but they put your employees and customers at risk for adverse health effects. If you discover any signs of infestation in or around your commercial property, it’s crucial to act fast and seek professional commercial pest control. We service a wide range of commercial properties, including but not limited to:
- Vacation Rentals
- Nursing Homes
- Government Agencies
- Dept. Stores
Most Common Ants Found In Virginia Beach, VA
The oceanfront climate of Virginia Beach provides the perfect conditions for ants to nest, breed, and infest your property. There are five common types of ants to be aware of in this area, as one small sighting of a few ants is usually an indication of a larger problem.
- Fire Ants – These ants nest in large mounds where they house their colonies. They appear as sandy piles that are almost a foot tall, and inside, the colonies are hard at work making large tunneling systems underground. This gives them access to various entry points, making your home vulnerable to infestation. Fire ants bite when disturbed, leaving a large welt and potentially causing serious allergic reactions. Make sure you never step on their mound, as this prompts them to attack and rapidly spread to other locations.
- Odorous House Ants – These smelly pests emit an odor of rotten coconuts when they are crushed. Their nests are often found outside in the soil, under rocks or other objects where they can grow their colonies to as large as 100,000 workers and multiple queens. When food becomes scarce in the colony, they seek alternate food sources inside homes, spreading the population to other locations and leaving properties vulnerable to infestation.
- Carpenter Ants – These ants love moist, decayed wood, but they are also known to infest sound wood. They create parent colonies outside of the home with populations of over 15,000 workers, and they spread to other locations when looking for sources of food. One carpenter ant can travel up to 300 feet from the nest, spreading the population and leading to a larger infestation.
- Acrobat Ants – These ants are often found in the walls, doors, and window frames of the house. They infest the home and nest in wood as they look for food. They gain entry by tunneling into existing wood damage created by carpenter ants or termites. When threatened, they can become aggressive and tend to bite and emit an unpleasant odor when they’re disturbed.
- Argentine & Little Black Ants – These common pests are found indoors, often in decaying wood and stone. They can also be found outdoors in the soil under rocks and other debris. When disturbed, these ants can rapidly move to other locations and quickly spread their nest, and grow their population, leading to a larger infestation that can become hard to manage.
Little-Known Ways To Avoid Termite Damage In Virginia Beach, VA
Moisture-rich conditions in Virginia Beach make the area particularly susceptible to termite infestation. These pests can cause major damage, costing you thousands of dollars in repairs that could’ve been avoided. To control termite damage, you can try to implement the following methods of prevention:
- Seal off your crawlspaces.
- Repair open cracks in the foundation, roof, doors, and windows.
- Stack wood away from the home on a concrete pad.
- Keep wood away from the soil, or cover it up with a tarp.
- Use treated wood for new projects.
The most effective solution for eliminating a termite infestation is to seek the help of the experts. We offer pretreatment options for new construction, conditioning wood before building to prevent infestation. We also apply termiticide to the ground before commencing construction to reduce conducive conditions.
Albemarle Termite & Pest Solutions provides effective and cost-efficient termite control solutions that not only identify sources of infestation but also provide full termite treatment solutions and a home guarantee against future termite attacks. Our lifetime termite renewal option promises continued service as long as you’ll have us. Call us today for a complimentary inspection and a customized treatment plan.