There Is Such A Thing As Too Much Water!
The benefits of water are well-known and plentiful. When it comes to our health, they tell us that the more water we drink, the better. However, in some situations, water can be a bad thing. Having excess water in and around your property can lead to many problems, including mold, mildew, damaged insulation and structural elements, and even electrical issues. Albemarle Termite & Pest Control offers a range of moisture control services to solve moisture problems in your Elizabeth City, NC home or business.
Our Moisture Control Options
At Albemarle Pest Control, we provide free inspections in order to pinpoint the areas in and around your property where moisture problems occur. This inspection allows us to determine which services you need to eliminate these problems. During the investigation, we’ll create a diagram of your home or business with all the problem areas noted.
Standing Water Solutions
Before Sand & Vapor Barrier
After Sand & Vapor Barrier
Humidity-Based Moisture Solutions
Installation Of Dehumidifier System
Process For Dehumidifier System
- During the initial inspection process, our Service Coordinator will record moisture readings in flooring components in the crawlspace. Excessive moisture content is considered readings above 19%.
- Condensation on ductwork, insulation, and even wooden floor components are typical signs of a humidity-based moisture problem.
- Once our service coordinator has completed the inspection process, we will determine the required unit and other job details.
Installation usually includes the following:
- Installation of Sante Fe Model Dehumidifier (Santa Fe Compact II for average crawl spaces, Santa Fe Advance II for larger crawlspaces)
- Installation of vapor barrier at 100% ground coverage (Standard barrier thickness is 6mil, but we offer thicker barrier options up to 9mil for an additional charge)
- All necessary wiring is performed by our licensed electrician.
- All necessary plumbing utilizing PVC piping and, in some instances, a condensate pump is needed.
- Foundation Vent Sealing to keep outside air from entering the crawlspace.
- After the initial install, it is important to keep the dehumidifier running at peak performance. In order to ensure this, we offer all customers the first year of maintenance-free of charge! This includes a 6 month follow up for necessary filter changes, moisture readings, and unit setting adjustments.
- Customers have the option to extend the service plan annually to keep the Dehumidifier serviced once every 6 months. When this is renewed our company offers our no questions asked warranty plan; meaning if your dehumidifier ever fails in our dehumidifier service program we will repair or replace at NO additional cost to you!
Insulation Removal & Replacement Services
One of the casualties of a moisture problem is often the insulation in the affected areas. When insulation gets wet, it's not only not as effective at performing its job; it also can lead to mold problems, which can compromise the health of your family. If any of your insulation has become damaged due to moisture, we offer removal and replacement services. We’ll take out the damaged insulation and replace it with new insulation.
In addition to our other moisture control services, we also provide crawlspace doors and crawlspace insulation installation.
Keep Your Moisture Problems Under Control In Your Elizabeth City Building
No matter what kind of moisture problem you have, Albemarle Termite & Pest Control can take care of it. High humidity, standing water, and damaged property are no match for our moisture control services. To schedule your free inspection and get started with your service, contact Albemarle Termite & Pest Control today!