North Carolina Wood-Destroying Insect Report (WDIR)
Albemarle Termite & Pest Control provides many service plans for real estate transactions in Elizabeth City and surrounding areas. The most important real estate service provided by Albemarle Termite & Pest Control is the North Carolina Wood-Destroying Insect Report (WDIR).
Our Wood-Destroying Insect Inspection Process
- One of our highly trained, certified pest management professionals will arrive at the home and begin to complete an interior inspection as well as an inspection in the attic if readily accessible.
- Once the interior inspection is complete, our pest professional will complete a thorough inspection of all crawlspace and garage areas as well as an exterior walk-around inspection.
- Slab constructions consist of thorough baseboard and wall inspections, searching for subtle signs of wood-destroying insects.
- Upon completion of the inspection process, our pest professional will discuss the findings and complete the WDIR-100 form as requested. If our pest professional determines that services are needed to satisfy lender requirements, we will provide an estimate for those services. Recommended services can include Termite Control, Moisture Control, Wood-Boring Beetle Control, and even Pest Control for some wood-destroying insects such as carpenter ants or carpenter bees.
Insects and conditions reported:
- Termite evidence (active or inactive); if proof of previous treatment is present or not
- Wood-boring beetles (active or inactive); reporting powderpost beetles and/or old house borers
- Carpenter ants
- Carpenter bees (active and inactive)
- Conducive conditions (excessive moisture, wood debris on the ground in crawl space, wood-to-ground contact, raised flower beds, siding less than 6" from grade, etc.)